Canada, Oh Canada! Interactive Notebook Activities with Test Prep Passage
Canada, Oh Canada! Interactive Notebook and Lapbook Activities
allows students to think on a higher level by virtue of collaborative and imaginative work. Students will create their lapbooks and/or use the templates for an interactive notebook for differentiated, self-directed learning!
★ ☆ ★ This bundle requires absolutely NO PREPARATION!
★ ☆ ★ and includes our test prep passage on Canada ('America's North American Neighbor' and our 'Samuel De Champlain ELA Informational Text Test Prep Passage'), The Halifax Explosion of 1917:
The Tragedy that Forged an Enduring Friendship ELA Informational Text Test Prep Passage, our student test prep checklist, and our popular Primary Source Document Depot: Canada (a 32-page mini-bundle!).
★ Click on the green preview button above for a detailed look as to what's inside! ★
Lapbooks are a type of portfolio or collection of student work on a variety of topics using flaps and/or folded displays. Most lapbooks are created out of office file folders which are then folded in half. Lapbooks allow students to showcase their work by providing them an interactive space for sketches and drawings, story summaries, graphical information, timelines, charts, and other forms of written work. Best of all, they can range from any topic or unit study. They truly let students creatively display their work in a way that interests them the most, which allows for a multitude of differentiation for each individual student.
This 166-page MEGA packet includes a FREE, Canada: America's North American Neighbor ELA Test Prep Informational Text along with our new 32-page Primary Source Document Depot mini-bundle!
Interactive Notebook / Lapbook Packet Includes:
• How to create a lapbook
• Using Composition Notebooks
• How to use the Vocabulary Cards Effectively Through Differentiation and Diverse Learners
• Uncommon Learning: Customized Activities Options
• Pre-selected technology integration interactive website links provided
• Vocabulary Cards Pocket with 33 pre-made, no-prep cards
• Notebook Vocabulary Fold Cards
• Vocabulary Cards Homework / Classwork / Group Activities
• The 8 Strands of Canada Graphic Organizer
• Oh Canada! Accordion Timeline
• Informational Diamond
• Compare & Contrast Venn (The United States and Canada)
• Compare & Contrast Venn (American Baseball Hall of Fame and The Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto)
• Compare & Contrast Venn (The California Gold Rush and The Yukon / Klondike Goldrush)
• Compare & Contrast Bracket (Samuel de Champlain and Henry Hudson)
• Compare & Contrast Bracket (The Inuit and The Northwest Coast Indigenous People)
• Compare & Contrast Bracket (Inuksuit and Totem Poles)
• Compare & Contrast Bracket (The Inuit andThe Northwest Coast Indigenous People)
• Compare & Contrast Bracket (Anne of Green Gables and Little Orphan Annie)
• Compare & Contrast Bracket (The Inuit and The Northwest Coast Indigenous People)
• Compare & Contrast Bracket (Bigfoot and The Ogopogo Monster)
• Famous Person Spotlight: Viola Davis Desmond and a Compare and Contrast enrichment matrix: Viola Davis Desmond and Rosa Parks.
• Say What? Create your own English to French Dictionary Cards and English to Inuktitut Vocabulary Play on Words Envelopes and no-prep, pre-made cards
• The French & Indian War Informational Diamond
• Canada Chain Link Facts (British Columbia / Alberta / Quebec / Ontario)
• Canada Map Skills
• Character Traits Focus: What were some of the causes and effects of The Red River Rebellion of 1869-1870?
• Cause and Effect Trifold: The Creation of New France
• Cause and Effect Trifold: The Quebec Separatist Movement
• Important Figures Pocket with 32 pre-made, no-prep figure cards
• The French & Indian War Enrichment Diamond Fold Activity - Ben Franklin
• Enrichment Famous Figure Spotlight Options (Sir John Macdonald / Samuel de Champlain / Wayne Gretzky)
• Pros & Cons Higher Level Thinking Activities (1) What were the pros and cons of Great Britain winning the French and Indian War? (2) What are the pros and cons of Canada gaining its independence through evolution instead of revolution? (3) What are the pros and cons of Quebec Separatism?
• Thought Bubble Activities: (1) What would a member of the Iroquois Confederacy who fought in the French and Indian War say if he could see North America today? (2) What would Samuel de Champlain say if he could see Quebec today?
• All About…Canada Book-Style Flapbook
• 5-Point Pentagon Activity: Historical Facts of Ice Hockey
• Fun and Games: Lacrosse
• Too Cold for Baseball? Famous Canadian-Born Baseball Players – Baseball Card Activity
• Political Cartoon Focus
• All About…The Mounties Trapezoid Foldable
• Canadian Animal Fact Pocket with 24 pre-made cut-out cards
• Top 10 Canadian Tourist Spots envelope with 10 pre-made, no-prep cards
• Art Focus: Create your own Indigenous (Aboriginal) art piece (Option ‘A’)….. Design your own Totem Pole (Option ‘B’)….. Design your own Inuksuk (Option ‘C’).
• Create A symbolic Canadian Flag
• 4 sides of a Battle: What are four key features of the War of 1812?
• The Flavors of Canada: What are four special “tastes” from Canadian cuisine?
• Travel Brochure - Create a travel brochure describing some of the most interesting and unique aspects of Canada to potential tourists.
• Canada Science Connection: The Native Trees of Canada
• Science and Technology Connection (1) The Blanket Toss (2) The Invention of the Snowmobile (3) The Invention of The Zipper
• Journal Entry - Write a journal entry as if you were a tourist vacationing in Canada.
• What If...? Activity: What Souvenirs Would You Take With You?
• Canada: Then & Now
• Canada Unit 3-2-1 Student Self-Assessment
...and much more!
Common Core aligned thematic unit; 166 engaging pages.
The Cold War Cross Czech The Story of the Stastny Brothers ELA Informational Text Test Prep Passage
Perfect for a whole-unit review with in-depth, higher order thinking questions practice for state tests!
Test Prep, Common Core aligned, 14 pages.
Answer Key included.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ALSO INCLUDES<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
OurGroundhog Day by Gail Gibbons Differentiated Interactive Notebook Activities Bundle is perfect for Groundhog Day in February (North America - The United States and Canada)!
Makes a GREAT Groundhog Day-related and student-created bulletin board!
This Product is Designed to:
• includes a link to YouTube to view Groundhog Day by Gail Gibbons
• engage students using social studies based resources
• help students understand what was read through the use of graphic organizers
• utilize digital resources for interactive learning and discovery through technology integration
• use multiple resources for comparison purposes
• promote discussion on different ways people celebrate winter holidays
• motivate student learning and promote higher order thinking
This resource includes:
• How to make an interactive notebook/lapbook
• Interactive Notebook pocket envelope for storage of work that is not yet completed
• Vocabulary Word Work
• Vocabulary Word Search
• Author's purpose
• Cause and Effect
• Create a Travel Brochure (Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania and Toronto, Ontario)
• Science Connection: Groundhog Burrows with Enrichment Option
• Create a Groundhog Pop-Up with Fun Facts
• Differentiated Comparing/Contrasting using multiple graphic organizers for specific teacher targets
• Create your own groundhog Activity
• Map Skills
• Create an Acrostic Poem Activity
• Higher Level thinking Questions Homework component
• Enrichment activities for high fliers
• 3-2-1 Student Self Assessment
...and much, much more!
You May Also Want to Check Out Our Ruby's Wish Differentiated Interactive Notebook Reading Actives Bundle
You May Also Like Our Canada, Oh Canada! Lesson Plans & Interactive Notebook Activities MEGA Bundle
and save when you purchase both our interactive notebook / lapbook activities AND lesson plan resources together!
You May Also Like Our Quebec Canada Interactive Notebook Activities Consumable Workbook
♥ Like this resource? Share with others by pinning our product on Pinterest so others will find it! Just click on the "Pin It" button on the left side of this page and share with others!
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER @ DynamicDuoTpT
for new products, TpT news, and special $ecret $ales!
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK @ DynamicDuo101
♥ Please leave feedback! You'll let others know how you used the product and in the process, you'll earn credit points to save on future products!
♥ Like what you see? Follow our store by clicking on the Green ★ at the top of this page!
Take advantage of our other no-prep bundles:
★ Ancient River Valley Civilizations Lessons & Interactive Notebook MEGA Bundle
★ Brazil Lesson Plans and Interactive Notebook MEGA Bundle
★ The 3 Branches of Government Lesson Plans & Interactive Notebook MEGA Bundle
★ Immigration: Then and Now Lesson Plans & Interactive Notebook MEGA Bundle
★ The Spanish American War Lesson Plans and Interactive Notebook MEGA Bundle
★ NYC 5 Boroughs SUPER MEGA Lesson Plan and Interactive Notebook Bundle
★ Mexico Lesson Plans and Interactive Notebook Mega Bundle
★ Symbols of America Lesson Plan Bundle & Interactive Notebook MEGA Bundle
★ China Unit Lessons and Interactive Notebook Mega Bundle
★ The Old West Pioneers MEGA Lesson Plan Bundle w/ Interactive Notebook Activities
© DynamicDuo101, 2016