This is my favourite back to school Social Studies product! This Canada Games and Activities resource includes a variety of activities to help students learn or review the location of the provinces, territories and capital cities of Canada. I use this at the beginning of every school year in my fifth grade classroom (great for 4th and 6th too) and it would also be useful in third grade in learning the location of provinces, territories and capital cities in a fun and interactive way. See the preview for a close up of what is included.
In this product you will receive:
1. 2 Bump type games (2 options — colour or black and white). There is a game for the provinces and territories and also one for the capital cities.
2. Colour By Number the Provinces and Territories ( includes key)
3. Match Up - Match the capital city to the province or territory by drawing a line.
4. Black and White labelled maps that can be used as handout for students (you can also use this page as a key for the concentration/matching game, just include a copy with the cards). There are 3 maps - one with just provinces and territories labelled. Another with just the capital cities labelled. The last has both provinces, territories and capital cities labelled.
5. Word-search - one for provinces and territories and one for the capital cities. (with key)
6. Cards for Matching or Concentration (Province sand Territories) (2 versions of map cards to choose from - 1 colour - 1 black and white)
7. Cards for Matching or Concentration. Match Province/Territory to the Capital City.
8. Quizzes - a black and white version showing the provinces and territories and another quiz showing the capital cities. Each has two versions - one with a word bank and one without.
Since there are a variety of options available, please print only what you need.