Understanding the role Canada played during the first World War is important for students to get a full picture of Canadian history.
Included in this product:
1. Clear, concise information about Ypres, Somme, Vimy Ridge and Passchendaele, four major battles Canadian troops participated in.
2. Easy to understand definitions to challenging vocabulary, interesting details/trivia, memorable images and assignments to get your students thinking and engaged.
3. Persuasive writing, expository writing, friendly letter writing and poetry analysis questions and projects.
4. Details into soldier life, as well as life for women back in Canada.
5. Information about the history of "In Flanders Field", a copy of the poem and interesting facts about the author, John McCrae.
6. Answer keys when appropriate