Canada Day this year is Canada's 150th Birthday! Use the flip book to learn more about Canada and the past 150 years of Canadian history. I plan to use this flip book towards the end of June, right before Canada’s birthday each year. This flip book could be used at the begining of the year as a review of past studies, in summer school classes or as a time filler during the year.
I designed this flip book to be a review of social studies topics we have been studying through out the year. It is general enough to be used through out Canada with whatever topics you may have covered in social studies.
Students will research:
1) When Canada became a country.
2) What Canada was like in 1867
3) 3 Challenges that Canadians (Canada) has faced since Confederation
4) 5 Successes or contributions Canadians have made (invention, historical event, sports or artistic contribution, humanitarian contribution, and one success or contribution of the student's choice.
5) Map - label the provinces and territories and date each entered Confederation (optional)
6) Word search - words students find are bolded within the lyrics of O Canada (optional)
This book can used for Canada’s 150th birthday and beyond (the next 5 years are included - the 'birthday' year on the cover of the book changes ex. 151, 152...). All you need to do is print the correct file each year.
In order to complete the book students will need access to informational resources that you will provide. Text books, the internet and other books will be needed. Have a closer look by viewing the preview.
150 cents for a limited time :)