Canada's Interactions with the Global Community | Research Project
- Google Drive™ folder
- Internet Activities
Also included in
- Social Studies learning for the whole year! These activity sets include Ontario curriculum expectations from both the Canadian Communities Past and Present, as well as the Canada's Interactions with the Global Community units. Includes digital lessons for teacher led or self guided centers, activitiPrice $8.10Original Price $9.00Save $0.90
This Grade 6 Ontario Social Studies digital lesson, research materials and activity set, perfect for both in-class and distance learning, is just what you need for your Canada's Interactions with the Global Community unit. Learn about world population, research about NGO's, IGO's and Global Goals and then choose 1 of 3 assignment choices - Brochure, Morning Circle Creation or Both. Teacher or student choice.
Lesson and Research Portion
Did you know that our world leaders have come together to develop 17 goals to work towards creating a better world? Your students will enjoy using the embedded links in this digital lesson to explore these "Global Goals" to learn how the various governments are working collaboratively for the greater good of our world. They will also have the opportunity to learn about 16 non-governmental organizations and 8 intergovernmental organizations that support with these goals.
Once your students have become global issue, supports and world population experts, they will have the opportunity to complete one of three assignments (either teacher choice or student choice).
- Make a persuasive brochure about one of the global goals and the organizations available to support with this cause
- Make a morning circle slide to lead their classmates in a deep and meaningful conversation about one global goal and the organizations available to support with this cause
- A combination of the two activities
Samples, rubrics, instructions, lessons, activities templates, etc. -- everything is here and ready to go! (You will also receive a bonus optional question/ answer activity for class use).
Check out the preview for more info!
Are you looking for other activities for your Canadian classroom? Check these out!
- Canadian Communities Past and Present
- Save money and time by picking up the bundle - activities for both Ontario Social Studies Units. Check it out here.
Grade 6 SCIENCE activities
- Space Phenomenon's Choice Board
- Maker Inquiry Space Project
- Space Alien Makerspace Project
- Flight Unit Resources
- Social and Academic Community Circle Prompts - which includes Ontario curriculum learning skills expectations to build norms and expectations in your classroom.
Did you know that leaving feedback gives you points towards FREE TpT products? Free products for you, feedback for me...it's a win win!
Please let me know if you have any questions and don't forget to follow me to be notified when more products like these become available! You can also check out my other digital products in my TpT store!
Thank you for your time,
Stacey - 1 Passionate Teacher