Help your students to become a little more familiar with each of the 10 provinces and 3 territories located in Canada.
As part of my social studies program I teach my students about Canada, and specifically the province they live in. However, I also want them to learn a little bit more about each of the other provinces and territories that make up Canada, so I designed two research booklets. This booklet has students look for basic information about the provinces and territories. The second research booklet (also available in my store, Clare’s Classroom by itself or bundled with this one), is more detailed to offer more of a challenge. This booklet is a great way to get students reading and finding out a little more about Canada. The information they need to find in order to complete this booklet can be found in books located in the school library, or from sites on the internet. I have included some of the sites I have my students use when they are completing their research.
The following download contains:
- One two-sided front cover
- One mini-research page on each of the 10 provinces and 3 territories in Canada.
For each page the students:
• Must locate and colour in the province/territory on a map of Canada
• Draw and colour a flag of the province/territory (there is also a page of flags labelled by province and territory that students can cut and glue instead, as well as the same page of flags unlabelled in case you want your students to identify the flags by themselves)
• Label and colour the bird and flower of the province/territory
• Complete a fill in the blanks informational paragraph on the location of the province/territory
• Name the capital of the province/territory
• Name the city with the largest population of the province/territory
• One other basic fact to identify about the province/territory
- One double-sided back cover
- A small list of websites that I use with my students
- A FULL ANSWER KEY HAS ALSO BEEN PROVIDED
I hope you find this download useful and time saving as you teach your students a little bit more about the provinces and territories of Canada.
Remember to look for the other research booklet or the bundled set in my store, Clare’s Classroom. I like to use both booklets at the same time, as it lets me differentiate and accommodate different students needs while all working on the same type of project.
Canada's Provinces and Territories Basic Research Booklet
by Clare's Classroom
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License