Perfect for dual track immersion schools! This Confederation project for French Immersion and standard English language History & Drama classes uses inquiry learning in a rich task to encourage students to explore the connection between a topic of interest to them and Canadian Confederation. It is cross curricular in that it encourages multi-media higher order thinking skills to create a Heritage Minute style video based on the research and learning done by each group of students. Subjects that may be evaluated include Drama, History and Language (suggested evaluation criteria and possible Ontario report card comments included).
This package includes :
• Table of contents
• Teaching Notes
• Student Handout to analyse Official Heritage Minute Videos
• 2-page Project Handout for Students
• 1 page of evaluation criteria (to handout as is, or to use for creating your rubric)
• Storyboarding template & links to other online free options
• Group documentation sheet for planning
• Two metacognitive sheets for student use (can be used together or with only either option, as per teacher preference)
Plus the above materials in French.
My school is BYOD (bring your own device) so this project does not prescribe which technology tools to use. My students have opted for various apps and programs such as iMovieMaker, DoInk, Videolicious and even Powtoon and Scratch (although these last two choices limit the drama assessment somewhat).
If you like this product, please leave me feedback that will earn you credits toward future TpT purchases. For any suggestions or questions, please email me (address is within the package) or use the Q&A feature below. Follow me for information on new products by clicking the green star above or click here
Ce projet multidisciplinaire pour une classe d’histoire est aussi disponible pour l'immersion française
. Encourage l’apprentissage par enquête pour explorer un sujet d’intérêt aux élèves, en rapport avec la Confédération canadienne.