PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This is an inquiry based project booklet for grade 5 social studies. This booklet can be done in-class or at home assignment. This covers the whole Canadian Government unit. Each page has a link provided to where students can access answers to the research questions. Everything is laid out step by step for the students to easily fallow with thought provoking question, activities and projects along the way. You can easily stretch this booklet out for 2 months. You can also use it as an addition or alongside other lessons being taught in class.
The topics covered in this inquiry unit are:
• Types of Government
• Levels of Government and Services
• Tax and the Government
• your rights, freedoms and responsibilities in Canada
• Electing our Government
• From Immigrant to Canadian
• Political Figures Then and Now
• Civic Buildings and Symbols
• Other Aspects of Government
• Case Study: Pakistan Floods
• Rights and Responsibilities
• Electoral Process
• Immigrant to Citizen
Check out my other Grade 5 and 6 Science and Social Studies units!