This assignment was created using curriculum from Ontario's CHC2D1 Canadian History course. This is a great three phase final project that you can use as a CPT/ISU.
It's print & go ready!
Assign decades to your students (50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and 2000s). Their thesis is already provided in the assignment.
- Students conduct research on their decade in Canadian history using an adapted Cornell model
- Students write a research essay defending their thesis
- In their decade groups, students will create an escape game that will be played by another group
- Instructions and an organizer are provided to help students manage their ideas, innovator roles, and transitions between clues/activities
- Students will reflect upon the activity and their role in the process. This is a great reflective piece they can add into their e-portfolios!
Each phase comes with a success criteria rubric using KNOWLEDGE, THINKING, COMMUNICATION and APPLICATION. Please see the preview for which curriculum expectations are being evaluated. Just fill in your mark values and you're ready to go!
9 pages in total!!!
I modelled for my students an escape room using one that I created for the CHC2D1 Canadian history course. It's available for purchase here on TPT if you're interested