Also included in
- This HUGE bundle includes everything that you need for a fun, engaging, technology infused, inquiry based unit on Canadian History!What is Included?• Museum of Canadian History Project Based Learning (Digital and PDF Versions)• Canadian History Interactive Notebook (PDF and Digital Versions)• Canadi$29.00$44.00Save $15.00
This Interactive Notebook activity will guide students through important events in Canadian History. Seven different lessons with 11 fun foldables will have your students thinking critically about Canadian history. Topics covered include: Confederation, Canadian Leaders, Bilingualism, Canadian Pacific Railway, Industrialization, Urbanization, Great Depression, and Economic Boom.
What is Included?
• Teacher Guide for Each Lesson with Teaching Strategies, Materials Needed, etc.
• Interactive Foldables for Each Lesson
• Step by Step instruction for Assembling the Foldables
• Picture Samples to Show Your Students
• Suggested Responses for Foldables
• Links to Websites and Videos that Enhance Instruction
I originally created this product for my grade 5 Alberta classroom. However, it is general enough that it would easily be used in other upper elementary classes studying Canadian History.
The following outcomes from the Grade 5 Alberta Program of Studies are assessed:
5.3.1 appreciate how changes impact citizenship and identity:
• recognize how economic and political changes impact ways of life of citizens
• recognize the effects of Confederation on citizenship and identity from multiple perspectives
• recognize the historical significance of French and English as Canada’s official languages
5.3.2 assess, critically, the changes that occurred in Canada immediately following Confederation by exploring and reflecting upon the following questions and issues:
• How did John A. Macdonald and George-Étienne Cartier contribute as partners of Confederation?
• How did the circumstances surrounding Confederation eventually lead to French and English becoming Canada’s two official languages?
• How did the building of Canada’s national railway affect the development of Canada?
• Why were Aboriginal peoples excluded from the negotiations surrounding Confederation?
5.3.4 assess, critically, how economic booms and crashes affected ways of life in Canada by exploring and reflecting upon the following questions and issues:
• How did the First World War contribute to the industrialization and urbanization of Canada?
• In what ways did the Great Depression of the 1930s affect ways of life in urban and rural communities?
• How did the economic boom immediately following the Second World War affect ways of life in Canada?
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask in the Q&A section and don’t forget to check out the preview!
Don’t forget to check out my other Social Studies products!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to
login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button.
Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and
leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you
feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your
feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your
classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and
click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates
about Chocolate Covered Classroom Creations! ☺