Family History: Canadian Immigration
This Canadian immigration packet includes:
• Parent letter and templates for students to interview their mom and dad about their family's immigration story
• Full color "Immigration Map" sign for your bulletin board
• Three-page research booklet for students to compete in class as a way to learn about and share information about their family's country of origin
The following questions are included on the maternal and paternal interview templates:
• Where is your family from?
• When did they first come to Canada?
• Why did they first come to Canada?
• Where did they first settle?
• Are there any other interesting facts about our family?
You will need to send home a world map (not included) for parents to help their child locate their countries of origin. Afterward, students can use ribbon or yarn on a large world map to connect where their families emigrated from to where they immigrated to in Canada. This makes a great bulletin board display (photo included)!
Classroom-tested and aligned with the redesigned BC curriculum for Grade 5 Social Studies.
Looking for more Canadian immigration resources? Check out my Canadian Immigration Research Project!
Looking for an American version instead? Check out my American Immigration Interview!
If you have any issues printing, please select "fit" rather than "actual size" as every printer has slightly different settings.
Click the star
at the top to receive notifications about new products and freebies!
Check out my blog
for teaching tips!
Like my Facebook page
for product giveaways!
Follow me on Pinterest
for classroom ideas!
Questions and feedback are always welcome. Please use the “Ask a Question” tab, and I will get back to you as fast as I can! Please ask all questions before purchasing.
This product is licensed for personal home or classroom use unless multiple licenses are purchased.
© Nicole Chatz, Primary Teaching Resources