Here is a fun filled package of Money Math Centers. Using Canadian coins, these pirate themed activities are a fun addition to any math program. The games have been differentiated to include options both with and without the penny, as well as values to 20 cents and values to $1 depending on the grade level.
The seven activities featured are:
1) Roll and Graph – use the money dice to roll a variety of coins. Track your rolls and create a bar graph.
2) Coin Collection Game – Roll the dice and make your way through the game board. Collect a coin each time you land on a spot. At the end of the game, count up your coins. The person with the highest value of coins wins!
3) Representing Money Task Cards – Choose a card. Use coin cutouts, or coin stamps or simply draw the amount of coins on the recording sheet.
4) Race to a Dollar – Students race around the game board, collecting coins and trading up to make a dollar. The first to a dollar wins the game. This game includes a reference sheet to assist students in making trades with coins.
5) What is the Value of Your Word? - Students choose words from a word list you provide. Using the chart, they determine the value of each word.
6) Money War – played in the style of the classic card game, students turn cards over and practice counting sets of coins!
7) Self Correcting coin puzzles - This package includes 11 puzzles to 20 cents (including the penny) and 16 puzzles to $1 without the penny.
Please take a look at the preview for more information!
This product is also available as part of my Canadian Money Math Bundles: Save 20% when you purchase it together with my Math Printables Package here: Canadian Coins Math Bundle
In need of Canadian Money Reference posters? I have them here: Canadian Coin Posters
Come visit me on Facebook
for more great teaching ideas.