Practise counting by 10's in a meaningful way!
In this game, students will practise counting from 10 cents all the way to 100 cents ($1.00). Please see the preview to learn how to play!
There are three different print options: colour, white background, or black & white!
Ontario Curriculum Expectations:
– represent money amounts to 20¢
, through investigation using coin manipulatives;
– count forward by 1’s, 2’s, 5’s, and 10’s to 100
, using a variety of tools and strategies (e.g., ... count groups of pennies, nickels, or dimes
compare, and order whole numbers to 100, including money amounts to 100¢
- count forward by 1’s, 2’s, 5’s, 10’s, and 25’s to 200, using number lines and hundreds charts, starting from multiples of 1, 2, 5, and 10 ( NOTE: In the game students count forward 100 cents)
– estimate and count (using the ¢ symbol) the value of a collection of coins with a maximum value of one dollar
. (NOTE: In the game, when "stealing" cards, students may need to quickly estimate the value of the collection of coins on another student’s card in order to steal their card)
– add money amounts to 100¢
If you like this game you might also be interested in the Canadian Money Games Bundle
It’s PERFECT for DIFFERENTIATING!
includes the following games. You SAVE MORE when you buy them as a bundle:
CANADIAN MONEY WORD WALL
Counting Nickels by 5's
Counting Dimes by 10's
Adding to 40¢ using dimes + nickels + pennies
Adding to 100¢ using quarters + nickels + dimes
Adding to 100¢ using dimes + nickels
adding coins to 20¢ with 2 types of coins
There are also bonus cards --> adding with quarters and loonies. This is not sold separately. It is offered in THE BUNDLE
as bonus cards so you can insert them into any deck to make the selected deck more challenging for students.