Use this activity pack to support your Canadian money unit with Grades 2-4! All of the activities included are highly engaging and motivating. The game can be used as review, as a "minds-on" activity, hook, or in small groups. The Task Cards can be posted around the room for students to find and answer, or can be used in small group activities as well. The Unit Project has multiple steps to make it seem as realistic as possible!
1) I Have, Who Has? Game
- Use as a hook, review, or reward game (they love it that much).
- 24 cards included up to $10.00 shown; no pennies!
2) Task Cards
- Addition/Subtraction task cards can be laminated and posted around the room, or used in small groups with dry-erase markers.
- 16 cards included (8 adding, 8 subtracting)
- Recording sheet, and answer sheet included
3) Unit Project
- "Hosting a Dinner Party" Project where students are given a budget and have to brainstorm a menu, shop through flyers (newspaper or online) to buy the things they need while staying under budget, write out a fancy menu, and draw a picture of the final plating!
- Included: explanation/brainstorming worksheet, calculating worksheets, menu templates, and a plating page for a picture.
4) Unit Test with Answer Key
- 3 page unit test to evaluate the following:
-Estimating Money Amounts (with adding/subtracting)
-Multi-step Word Problems (include all of the above^)
- Answer Key
5) Informational Handouts/Posters
- "The Dollar Tree" (demonstrates the coins that make a dollar)
- "Different Representations of Dollar Values" (shows the main ways to make a certain amount of money - $1, $2, $5, $10