This is a differentiated flipbook project for use during a study of Canadian pioneers.
Each student will create a fun and creative social studies project flip book which profiles a real, or imaginary pioneer during the history of early Canada. This flip book is great as independent research, a partner project, small group work, or as a summative project at the end of a unit.
There are three 'LEVELS' of differentiated flip book templates for three levels of learners. These are perfect for any social studies class - split classes, ELL students, and multi-level classrooms.
Each flipbook level addresses the following information about Pioneers:
- Cover Page (name, age, home country)
- How We Travelled to Canada
- Our Homestead (an aerial map)
- Jobs & Chores
- School Life
Included in this package:
- Teaching guide
- Three flip book templates
- Instructions for assembling the flip book
- Step by step guide to help students complete the brochure (suggested only)
- An assessment rubric for easy marking!
This packet also includes a DIGITAL, Google Slides, version of all three projects. This digital project can be uploaded into Google Classroom and is perfect for distance, at-home or in-class learning.
History Interactive Notebook