Help your students to become a little more familiar with each of the 10 provinces and 3 territories located in Canada.
As part of my social studies program I teach my students about Canada, and specifically the province they live in. However, I also want them to learn a little bit more about each of the other provinces and territories that make up Canada, so I designed the following research booklet. This is a great way to get the students reading and finding out a little more about Canada. I am always impressed with the interesting and sometimes unusual facts students locate. The information they need to find in order to complete this booklet can be found in books located in the school library, or from sites on the internet. I have included some of the sites I have my students use when they are completing their research.
The following download contains:
- One two-sided front cover
- One mini-research page on each of the 10 provinces and 3 territories in Canada. For each page the students:
• Must locate and colour in the province/territory on a map of Canada
• Draw and colour a flag of the province/territory
• Name the bird and flower of the province/territory
• Complete a fill in the blanks informational paragraph on the province/territory
• Find two facts about the province/territory
• Find one really interesting piece of information about the province/territory.
- One double-sided back cover
- A small list of websites that I use with my students
- A FULL ANSWER KEY HAS ALSO BEEN PROVIDED
Also available in my store, Clare's Classroom, is a more basic research booklet that can be used in conjunction with this one to help you acommodate differents students' learning needs,
Canadian Provinces and Territories Research Booklet
by clare haagensen
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License