Cancer: Uncontrolled Cell Division - Google Slides and PowerPoint Lesson
Also included in
- Human Body Systems - Lessons, Lab Stations, Readings, Projects, and Activities. Everything you need plus many engaging, no-prep, no materials needed activities. This package will help you overcome the endless hours of preparation required to present a unit on the human body systems in an engaging anPrice $110.00Original Price $170.05Save $60.05
- Cancer and Smoking - Lesson, Lab Stations, Readings and Activity Bundle. Everything you need plus many engaging, no-prep, no materials needed activities. This package will help you overcome the hours of preparation required to present a unit on health, cancer and/or smoking in an engaging and fun waPrice $30.55Original Price $46.85Save $16.30
- Cancer - Fully editable and Complete 5E Lesson. Everything you need in a single package. This fully-editable, no prep bundle follows the 5E model and provides step-by-step instructions on how to implement it in your classroom. Lesson Objectives: By the end of this 5E lesson, students will:• Compare,Price $19.46Original Price $28.90Save $9.44
- The Unit Package includes a complete lesson set for a Biology unit on Cells and Body Systems. In addition to the lessons, this bundle also comes with multiple readings, a test, quizzes, and a full day-by-day breakdown.Included in the package:5 weeks of teaching material9 Lessons - Each Lesson ContaiPrice $59.28Original Price $76.38Save $17.10
This lesson contains everything you need to introduce or review Cancer including types, causes, diagnosis, and treatment. This package includes the lesson (student and teacher versions of the presentation), an auto-graded Exit Ticket, SEVEN videos, and a student lesson handout as a document. The presentation is fun and applicable with many opportunities for inquiry-based learning and discussion.
In order, the lesson covers:
- Cancer Stats
- Cancer Hallmarks
- Benign vs. Malignant Tumors
- Cancer Causes
- Types of Cancer
- Cancer Prevention
- Diagnosing Cancer
Included in the lesson package is:
- The teacher version of the presentation
- The student version of the presentation
- 7 videos embedded into the presentation
- An auto-graded Exit Ticket and a separate quiz with an answer key
- Student lesson handout
- "This had my students so engaged and asking so many questions about cancer. thanks for a great product!"
- "Perfect! This is just what I was looking for."
- "I hope you keep submitting lessons on the systems."
- "I used this ppt when introducing mitosis to students. This ppt had amazing (& gross) pictures! Even students that didn't want to be engaged couldn't look away...Perfect for helping students understand the relevance of mitosis in their lives."
- "This was great for my students who are visual learners. Really helped them gain an understanding of the concept!"
- "Thank you! What a time saver. My students wanted to know more about Cancer although not in our curriculum. This saved me so much time."
- "Money well spent..."
- "Great product! Students liked having a visual to concept...Thank you!"
- "Great pictures. Helps the students realize how real cancer is."
- This lesson includes both Office and Google formats for ALL resources. The presentation is in PowerPoint and Google Slides while all documents contain Word and Google Doc versions.
- Your resource is perfect for distance learning and integrates seamlessly with Google Classroom as I've included a link that will automatically create a copy of the resources and put them directly into your Google Drive with one click.
- Purchase --> Open --> Click --> Assign to your students
Having both options allows you to use either without worrying about formatting issues as all the work has already been done for you. It safeguards you in case your department or school decides to go Google 100% and allows you as well as your students to access everything no matter where you are or what kind of equipment is being used.
The student version of the presentation contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
This lesson is part of my Biology - Cells and Body Systems Unit which includes the following Lessons plus many activities, assessments, etc.
- The Cell Theory
- Cell Structure
- The Importance of Cell Division
- Cancer: Uncontrolled Cell Division
- Specialized Cells
- Human Digestive System
- Circulatory System
- Respiratory System
I also have a range of assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store. Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning, and everything in between.