If you like these 10's frames please follow us. We will have new ones up soon with new themes.
* Large 10's frames (1-10)
* Matching (10's frame, number, and written word)
* Candy Corn Dot Patterns
* 10's frame addition and subtraction mat
Ideas on how to use these 10’s frames:
Large 10’s frames cut apart. Flash them to the class and have students show how many candy corn there were with their fingers or write it down on a white board.
* Memory – cut apart the small pieces and have students play memory where they match the number to the 10’s frame.
* Sort – students put the numbers, 10’s frames, and written words into correct categories.
* Sequence – students put the numbers in order.
* Dot patterns – Instead of dots it is candy corn patterns. Flash the cards to the students and they can tell you how many they saw. Talk about how they knew that (ex: 4 on top and 2 on the bottom would be 6). Students can also draw the dot patterns on a white board, tell you one more or one less.
* Math facts – laminate or put into a sheet protector the large 10 frame with addition and subtraction fact. Student cut apart the two different types of candy corn on the following page. Use the candy corn pieces to create addition and subtraction facts.