"Candy Corn In My Pocket" is a fun, hands-on way to teach pre-k/kindergarten/first-grade students about responsibility!
On "Candy Corn In My Pocket Day" students receive their very own candy corn "pet" to keep with them all day long, just like a real pet. They brainstorm as a class ways they can show responsibility with their candy corn and a list/anchor chart is created. Students write and draw about their "pets" and even name them and decide how old they are. At the end of the day the candy corn pets are sent home, along with a letter to parents and a Take Home activity.
This download includes:
- Implementation Guide (with photos!) and Materials List
- EDITABLE poster for your hallway or bulletin board display
- 3 options for candy corn craft
- 3 options for writing activity
- Baggie labels for the end of the day
- Parent letter and Take Home activity