A twist on the classic Candy Land game that kids love!
This Candy Land game includes all spelling and "words to know" vocabulary from Unit 6 of Scott Foresman's Reading Street. You can add cards throughout the unit, or use the whole pack of cards for review after the unit is over!
1. Players each choose a game piece (maximum 4 players per board).
2. The first player chooses a card.
3. The player must correctly read the word on the card before they can move.
4. The player moves his/her game piece to the next space of the color of the card he/she picked. If there are two colored squares, the player moves two spaces of that color.
5. If the player lands on the same space as another player, he/she moves to the next space of that color.
6. If a player chooses a card with a picture on it, he/she moves to wherever that space is on the board.
7. The first person to get to the castle wins!
My second graders love playing all of the Candy Land games that I have made. They don't realize they are practicing important skills!
*This is also a great review game for third graders or a challenge game for first graders!