Need a quick and easy lesson to teach little ones about the scientific method and matter? This experiment fits the bill!
This candy melting race experiment allows students the opportunity to observe/describe matter, see how matter can be changed, and understand why multiple testings can be beneficial for scientists' data.
The only material needed for this experiment that isn't included and is essential is a piece of candy that can melt in a mouth (Tic Tacs, peppermints, and Lifesavers are all good choices) -- you'll need 2 pieces per student. Other materials are either provided in the packet or are optional.
This packet includes:
- 3 pages of notes to the teacher to help you execute the lesson more smoothly
- 5 pages of a lesson plan, complete with standards, essential questions, and step-by-step details
- 19 pages of non-editable questioning, prompting, and reviewing slides for you to display during the investigation
- 1 editable page for you to add your own questions or prompts
- 6 non-editable recording sheet options
- 1 editable recording sheet option