Candy Rhythms 4 Corners Active Rhythm Game (Levels 1-4)
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Four Corners is an active rhythm game that will help students (even fourth and fifth grade students!) stay engaged in elementary music class. This is a candy themed rhythm game which makes it perfect for Halloween, Easter, Valentine's Day... or any time! This bundle includes rhythm activities for GoPrice $30.00Original Price $40.00Save $10.00
Four Corners is an active rhythm game that will help students (even fourth and fifth grade students!) stay engaged in elementary music class. This is a candy themed rhythm game which makes it perfect for Halloween, Easter, Valentine's Day... or any time!
To play, you will print out four of the rhythm cards (you can choose the difficulty level-- there is everything from quarter note to triplets!) and put them in four corners of the room. One student counts to 10 while the others go to a corner. Then, show a candy slide on the board (you could also print them and hold them up). Students in the corner that matches sit down!
Alternatively, you could show the picture and have students go to the corner with that rhythm.
Distance learning or teaching from six feet away? There are directions and ideas for playing Four Corners even when the students can't move around the room.
This product includes a PDF with printable rhythm posters to put into the corners, as well as the candy slides to show the students. It also includes printable rhythms, so students could hold up the rhythm that matches the candy for a non-locomotor version of the game. Also included are rhythm sorting pages so that students can write down the answers-- perfect for assessment.
Everything is print and go, so there is no prep other than printing (and laminating if you want!).
All four rhythm levels are included-- from quarter and eighth notes (level 1) to half and sixteenth notes (level 2) to syncopa and dotted rhythms (level 3) to eighth and sixteenth note patterns.
That means you can use it with all elementary grades.
Everything also comes in regular notation AND stick notation, as well as color AND black and white.
This pairs well with Feed the Monster rhythm cards!
- Teacher directions (with pictures!)
- 20 candy slides (20 in color + 20 black and white)
- Printable rhythm cards to put in the four corners (available in 4 rhythm levels)
- Printable rhythm cards for students to hold (available in 4 rhythm levels)
- Printable recording sheet for students to write the answers down
You may also like:
Old Brass Wagon Song and Dance for Sixteenth Notes
Kaboom! Level 2 rhythm game for half note and sixteenth notes
Rhythm Puzzle Pieces Matching Game for Music Centers
Rhythm Hearts Matching Game for Music Centers
Join my free resource library to get exclusive FREE resources-- including level 1 rhythm cards!
Let's be friends!
Blog: Becca's Music Room