Canela Novice Spanish Class Movie Guide for Spanish 1 sub plans Spanish food
- Google Drive™ folder
Also included in
- This Spanish Editable Movie Guide bundle includes 14 editable Google doc movie guides for Spanish class. The differentiated options of questions in both Spanish & English mean you could use variations of the Spanish class movie guides with all levels of Spanish you teach all year and especiallyPrice $39.99Original Price $67.93Save $27.94
This Editable Google Doc Spanish class movie guide is for novice Spanish students to follow along with the movie Canela. Canela goes great with a Spanish class food unit or the study of Mexico. This Canela movie guide includes interpretive listening questions in English, character identification, and post discussion in Spanish.
The authentic Mexican movie Sabor a Canela was made in Spanish and is set in Mexico. Canela could tie in well with the Spanish 1 topics of family, food, home, and descriptive adjectives. It is a celebration of real people in Mexico & would work well for 5 de mayo.
I purchased the DVD Canela online a few years ago. While this can change, most recently the film has been found on Pantaya (a paid online site through Amazon that has a free trial) & possibly on DVD purchased online or from your local library. The movie is in Spanish and often includes subtitles in English. You will need to check what is included as to audio and subtitles with the version of the film you get.
What are other teachers saying about this free movie guide for Canela
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I loved this resource to go along with the movie. It made it super easy for my students to follow along and watch/listen for key elements. This will be my third year using this resource. Highly recommend. - Kimberly (6th grade teacher)
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Students loved this movie and it was a great way for them to keep up with the story and practice their food vocab! - Mayce M (9th grade teacher)
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Thank you this will be used in my next unit that is on food. I appreciate that you annotated the time segments for the discussion questions, so helpful! - Sonya S
**Please note, due to the free nature of this guide, an answer key is not included. Honestly, I do just use the guide as something to keep the students engaged and do not actually grade it for correctness. It is about discussion and completion.
This guide is adapted from a great upper-level guide in Spanish from Kara Jacobs that can be found here. Kara Jacobs Guide. If you are using the film in Spanish 3, Spanish 4, or AP, I suggest the upper-level guide instead.
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
✅ Interpretive Communication
✅ Presentational Communication
✅ Relating Cultural Practices to Perspectives
✅ Relating Cultural Products to Perspectives
✅ Acquiring Information and Diverse Perspectives
✅ Cultural Comparisons
Bundle up for the best deals possible!
- Get the Movie Guide Bundle for this film plus Coco, Vivo, Ferdinand, Pachamama, El camino de Xico, Selena, Dora & the lost City of Gold, The Book of Life & Canela
Have difficulty with a file?
- This is a Google resource that will be found in your Drive in a folder called my purchases.
- Visit the FAQs section, submit a help ticket, or ask a question on the Q&A tab before leaving feedback.
- Follow my TPT store to see more!
- For more more bonus resources to teach Canela, check out Canela blog post
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.