The Canterbury Tales Background Information is all-inclusive and has teacher guides for each step.
Teachers should have materials ready for students to create posters for a Gallery Walk, but you can also allow students to present to the class instead.
Included in this Packet:
1. Group Roles Worksheets
2. Articles for groups to read (If you have more than 5 groups, ask multiple groups to read the same article)
3. Articles with teacher highlights of key points
4. Gallery Walk Graphic Organizer – To save paper, you can print this double-sided
5. Teacher Notes to review key ideas from articles
6. Background Information Quiz
7. Background Information Quiz with Answer Key
Group roles worksheets can be reused for other group reading activities. I recommend groups of 3-4, but there are 5 group roles available.
The whole packet is 37 pages, but there are teacher versions of the articles with highlights of key points, teacher version of the quiz, and teacher notes, which make the packet much longer.