Capibara y Ecuador Google Stations Spanish Culture - Spanish 1 sub plan
- Google Drive™ folder
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This is a middle school Spanish bundle of resources to use in a novice Spanish class. Present Tense Spanish Mega Bundle would be perfect for Spanish 1, middle school Spanish, or exploratory Spanish. Try out some comprehensible input with ready-to-go, teacher-tested units focusing on Spanish Super 7Price $74.99Original Price $95.89Save $20.90
This editable Google Doc activity was designed for novice Spanish students to introduce to Capybaras & Ecuador. It could work well before reading the novel El capibara con botas. It was created for Spanish 1, middle school Spanish, or Exploratory Spanish as a general cultural exploration of Ecuador and capybaras. It would make a great one-day sub-plan for Spanish one as well.
- ✅ Instructions for teacher
- ✅ 2 pages in Editable Google Doc in Google Drive for easy online distribution
- ✅ 2 pages printable front-back in-person paper worksheet
- ✅ Reading (infographic about Capibaras in English with responses in Spanish)
- ✅ Listening (authentic Youtube videos in English about Ecuador)
- ✅ Writing Prompts (with extra Capibara resource links)
- ✅ Speaking (students create questions and chat)
This was created for very early novice Spanish (quarter 1). The infographic is in English, as well as many responses for early novice Spanish. Everything is in an editable Google doc, so you can change the language to fit the level of your students.
Internet access will be required for parts. It can be completed completely online through an LMS such as Google Classroom if you have 1:1 technology, or are doing distance or hybrid learning. Or it could be used in a traditional station rotation around the in-person classroom if you prefer.
**This is not affiliated with the novel, just a cultural activity learning more about Ecuador and capybara using novice Spanish.
Spanish 1 best seller with 110+ 5⭐ reviews
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ My students had fun with this! It was a great way to introduce them to Ecuador and capybaras (their new favorite animal)! - La Señora Sara
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Great resource for introducing el Capibara con botas! Thank you! - Keely E (7th grade)
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This works perfectly with our novel El Capibara Con Botas. Even if you aren't reading that novel, this is a fun activity that you can use with a rainforest unit; a unit on South America or just for the heck of it! - Tonya W.
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I did not use these as stations, but loved that I could pick and choose which parts I wanted to use to engage my students prior to starting Capibara con Botas. They LOVED watching the videos and the infographic was also very interesting! Gracias! - Lindsey (Grades 9-10 Spanish)
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This was a great activity to get my students prepared to read El capibara con botas. Having background information about capybaras and Ecuador helped made the reading more enjoyable because they could make connections about the animal, its environment, and Ecuador. - Aileen
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
- ✅ Interpersonal Communication
- ✅ Presentational Communication
- ✅ Interpretive Communication
- ✅ Relating Cultural Practices to Perspectives
- ✅ Cultural Comparisons
Bundle up for the best deals possible!
⭐ Get the Spanish 1 Mega Bundle for this resource plus many others for novice Spanish.
You may also enjoy Cultural Reading: Ecuador - Geography & La selva tropical .
Have difficulty with a file?
- You will download a PDF of the instructions. There are editable Google resources linked in the INSTRUCTIONS download. If your school email blocks you from making a copy, you might need to open it using a personal Gmail.
- Visit the FAQs section, submit a help ticket, or ask a question on the Q&A tab before leaving feedback.
- Follow my TPT store to see more!
- For more resources check out my blog Mis Clases Locas & Introducing El capibara con botas
- Sign up for my mailing list to get resources & inspiration delivered to your inbox
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.