Use this activity to help students understand the differences between capitalism and communism. This activity is great for introducing the subject of the Cold War to students as well. The following directions help to further explain the activities in this document.
1. Put the ‘Capitalism’ sign on one side of the classroom and the ‘Communism' sign on the other side of the classroom.
2. Give students the characteristics’ sheets.
3. Direct students to move to the side of the room that they believe the characteristic describes or have students tape the characteristics to the appropriate wall.
4. Discuss the characteristics and differences of capitalism and communism with the class.
5. Have students complete the ‘Capitalism or Communism Matching Activity’ sheets.