If your students enjoy bright colors, animation, and interactive activities, then you've found the perfect resource to teach capitalization! This is a highly visual and interactive PPT that consists of 45 slides, jam-packed with engaging activities. The slides are fully animated and explain the correct use of capital letters by using the acronym TIPS. Seven printables, including a foldable flip book activity, are included to further reinforce and consolidate new concepts. A mini anchor chart is also included.
Use this pack for whole class teaching, literacy centers, test prep or review. The combination of colorful graphics, animation, quiz style informal assessment and use of personal whiteboards (or paper) create a learning experience that works!
Please have a look at the preview for more detailed information.
This set is incredibly versatile, use it for sub lessons or even for your formal observations. It's no-prep, click and teach. It will save you hours and hours of prep.
7 Capitalization Printables (answer keys included)
PPT Product Information (45 slides):
* Introduction (interactive – click to see the capital letters appear).
* Explanation of capitalization rules using the acronym TIPS (title; I; proper nouns; the start of a sentence).
* TIPS – examples and guided practice for each rule.
* Identifying the correct use of capital letters (interactive
– click on the correct answer).
* Correct the sentences by adding capital letters (use your whiteboard).
* Links to online games.
* Students are encouraged to use their whiteboards throughout the PowerPoint.
Capitalization Printables (7 pages):
* Pg. 1 - pg. 3 (explanation of TIPS)
* Pg. 4 (identify the correct use of capital letters)
* Pg. 5 (correct the sentences)
* Pg. 6 (correct the sentences)
* Pg. 7 (flip book)
Mini anchor chart included (in color and black line).
Capitalize holidays, product names, and geographic names.
Capitalize appropriate words in titles.
Use correct capitalization.
Created by Lindy du Plessis, © 2016
You might also like:
Nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs and pronouns - ELA L.3.1.A
Single classroom user license. Please do not share or place on the internet.