Properly use Capitalization, Punctuation, Items in a Series, Commas, and Punctuating Titles of Works with this COMPLETE Common Core-aligned Conventions Lesson, Journal and Sentence Writing Practice, and Persuasive Letter Writing Exercise:
• FULL COLOR Conventions Poster – just print, laminate, and hang in your classroom
• COMPLETE Conventions Lesson with highlighted Text Features for better Comprehension
• Close Journal Activity featuring Main Ideas and Details (great for Interactive Notebooks!)
• Conventions Practice – use Commas, Colons, and Semicolons to separate items in Series
• Conventions Practice – Quotation Marks, Introductory Elements, Tag Questions, Direct Address
• Conventions Practice – properly punctuate Titles of Works
• Persuasive Letter Graphic Organizer and Pre-Writing Questions
• Persuasive Letter – we take students through entire Writing Process!
Conventions of Standard English, aligned with the 5th Grade Common Core READING, WRITING, and LANGUAGE Standards (see Preview for Common Core alignment), can be purchased separately, or as part of our 5TH GRADE COMMON CORE LANGUAGE UNIT + 12 FULL COLOR CONTENT POSTERS
We've included color copies of the Conventions in Standard English lesson for your White Board, black and white versions of the lesson and activities to make copies for your students, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for the higher-level Writing assignments.
Download the Conventions of Standard English Preview to see complete Lesson Plan, Common Core alignment, as well as samples of the lesson and activities.
MORE STANDARD ENGLISH AND CONVENTIONS RESOURCES:
STANDARD ENGLISH – 4TH GRADE
STANDARD ENGLISH – 6TH GRADE
MORE 5TH GRADE COMMON CORE LANGUAGE RESOURCES
Splash! Publications. Created by Teachers. It Just Makes Sense.
RATING CONVENTIONS EARNS YOU TPT CREDITS TO USE TOWARD FUTURE PURCHASES AND GIVES US A WARM FUZZY FEELING!
(c) 2014-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.
The Common Core Standards were developed and written by the NGA. © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.