Capitalization Rules Trading Cards and Bulletin Board! Make studying capitalization FUN in whole groups, partners, individually, or centers with meaningful, research based strategies! This is a set of 20 capitalization rules cards that you can use with your students when teaching grammar, ELD, writing, or even reading. I created them to look like trading cards and my students LOVE using them. I’ve also included an enlarged set of the cards that you can post in your classroom as a writing or grammar bulletin board. This product is also available with three other ELA products in the Common Core ELA Vocabulary Cards Bundle
This Capitalization Rules Set includes:
• 20 capitalization rules cards with the word and example on the front. The back states the rule and then gives a few examples.
• The same 20 capitalization rules cards with the words on them but blank spaces for students to draw their own picture and room to fill in the rules and examples.
• 4 blank cards that students can use to add more capitalization rules to as they come across them in their studies.
• A template for a labeled box that students can cut out, write their name on and color to store their capitalization rules cards in.
• A list of ways you can use these capitalization rules cards with your students that is based on Robert Marzano’s “Six Steps to Better Vocabulary Instruction”. This list helps me because I can show parents, administrators, other teachers, etc. that I’m using research-based methods in my classroom.
• An enlarged set of the cards that you can post in your classroom as an writing or grammar bulletin board.
I print these capitalization rules cards out double sided on card stock so they look and feel like real trading cards but they work just as well on regular paper.
The 20 capitalization rules included in this set of cards are:
• First word in a sentence
• First word in a quotation
• First person pronoun I
• Proper noun
• Title of books, songs, or movies
• Greeting and closing of a letter
• Relatives used as a proper name
• Title of a person
• Days and months
• Brand names
• Initials, initialisms, and acronyms
• Sports teams
• Political parties
• Historical events
• Directions used as names
Here are some related products:
Common Core ELA Vocabulary Bundle
- Best Deal: Save $8.50!
Parts of Speech Trading Cards and Word Wall
Punctuation Cards and Word Wall
Reading Strategy Cards and Bulletin Board
Check out my other ELA
Thanks for looking and be sure to check out the other fun vocabulary cards and games in
Capitalization Rules Trading Cards and Bulletin Board
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License