This 21 page resource allows your students to practice building and expanding sentences, then re-writing them using correct capitalization. Includes:
- Blacklines for the train & tracks. Option 1: instructs students to write sentences on their worksheet; Option 2: instructs students to write on notebook paper; Option 3: instructs students to write in their literacy journals.
- Blacklines for train cars. There are different car shapes for generic nouns, proper nouns, verbs, date vocabulary (days, months, holidays), prepositional phrases, places (generic words & specific geographic locations), & articles/other "sentence helpers". I've also included a page of blank train cars so you can write in your own words.
- Student worksheet with handwriting lines to re-write up to 4 sentences.
- Student key that shows what each car shape represents.
Additional licenses are only 75 cents, so you can afford to responsibly share this resource with your colleagues!
Aligned to the following CCS standards:
- L.K.1b Use frequently occurring nouns and verbs
- L.K.1e Use the most frequently occurring prepositionsL.K.2a
- Capitalize beginning letter of sentence & the letter "i"
- L.1.1b Use common, proper, and possessive nouns
- L.1.1d Use personal, possessive, and indefinite pronouns
- L.1.1h Use determiners
- L.1.1j Produce and expand complete simple and compound declarative, interrogative, imperative, and exclamatory sentences in response to prompts
- L.2.1a Use collective nouns
- L.2.1f Produce, expand, and rearrange complete simple and compound sentences
- L.1.2a - Capitalize names of people & dates
- L.2.2a - Capitalize holidays, product names, geographic names