This is the most comprehensive capitalization unit available. Nine PowerPoint presentations with corresponding worksheets and extension activities teach all capitalization rules. A pretest, quick reference guide, review activities, review sheet, and posttest are also included.
• Capitalizing Dates and Names
• Capitalizing Titles
• Capitalizing Historical Events and Documents
• Capitalizing Geographic Names
• Capitalizing Holidays and Product Names
• Capitalizing Groups, Languages, and Religions
• Capitalizing Celestial Objects
• Capitalizing Rooms, Course Titles, and Awards
• What Not to Capitalize
Overview of Each Module:
1. Direct Instruction – Display and discuss capitalization rules.
2. Guided Practice – Continue the presentation with practice exercises. Students put their thumbs up or down to show whether the sentence is capitalized correctly. This is great for whole-class engagement and formative assessment.
3. Independent Practice – Worksheet A allows students to practice their new skills independently.
4. Assessment – Worksheet B may be used as assessment or additional practice.
5. Extensions – Two or three extension activities allow students to practice in real-life situations.
This challenging unit is appropriate for advanced fourth graders, as well as all older students who are still learning to capitalize appropriately.
Click on Follow Me to be notified as other units are published.
For weekly ideas, activities, links, and freebies, check out my blog, Enjoy Teaching
Do you love this resource but need help paying for it? When your school signs up for TpT for Schools, you can request resources to be purchased by your school. Share this video
with your administrator to get the conversation started.
Thumb images licensed by Dancing Crayon Designs @ www.DancingCrayon.com