★ 1x Capitalising Proper Nouns PowerPoint (17 informational slides)
★ 1x Capitalising Proper Nouns Worksheet (2 pages)
★ 1x Capitalising Proper Nouns Answer Key (2 pages)
This is a fantastic English resource for grades 1, 2 and 3 focusing on grammar skills. The PowerPoint details important capitalisation rules that focus on why proper nouns such as names, titles and the word 'I' are written with capital letters. There are several activities throughout the powerpoint for the teacher to check student understanding.
The title of each slide are as follows:
- What are proper nouns?
- Activity #1: person, place or thing categorisation
- Capitalise the pronoun 'I'
- Activity #2: Which sentence is correct?
- Always capitalise names
- Activity #3: Which names are written correctly?
- Always capitalise titles
- Activity #4: Which title is correct?
- Capitalise Family Relations
- Activity #5: Which sentence is written correctly?
- Revision Quiz: Questions generated from all 5 activities
The two page worksheet contains 27 questions that enhance students grammatical skills focusing on capitalising proper nouns: 'I', names and titles. The worksheet is split into four sections that require different areas of knowledge that will challenge and keep the child engaged for the whole lesson. The student must read over sentences and determine which words need capital letters based on their structure.
Answer key details:
All worksheet answers are provided to make marking a breeze for the teacher. The answer key is clear and detailed in red text, this can even be handed out to the students if they are independent enough to mark their own work!