Motivate students to learn which words to capitalize in titles! Start off with an interactive PowerPoint presentation featuring titles of holiday movies. Kids learn capitalization rules then practice with a lively thumbs up/thumbs down session. Follow up with practice pages featuring holiday song titles.
Created by master teacher Brenda Kovich
, this resource is classroom tested and kid approved.
• Capitalizing Titles Holiday PowerPoint – This 45-slide PowerPoint presentation teaches the rules for capitalizing titles. Then it presents titles of holiday movies. Kids put their thumbs up if the title is correct or down if it’s incorrect.
• Capitalizing Titles Christmas PowerPoint – A parallel 43-slide presentation uses only titles of Christmas movies.
• Capitalizing Titles Holiday Worksheet – Kids analyze titles of holiday songs (including Christmas, Chanukah, and Kwanzaa). They underline to indicate which words should be capitalized.
• Capitalizing Titles Christmas Worksheet 1 – A parallel worksheet features secular Christmas songs.
• Capitalizing Titles Christmas Worksheet 2 – A third worksheet features religious Christmas songs.
Are you looking for something to use all year long? Try Capitalizing Titles
Do you love this resource but need help paying for it? When your school signs up for TpT for Schools, you can request resources to be purchased by your school. Share this video
with your administrator to get the conversation started.
I’m committed to continual improvement. This resource was updated and enhanced on October 15, 2017.