Caps for Sale by Esphyr Slobodkina is a classic children's book that tells the story of a peddler who's selling caps. When he stops to take a rest, his caps are taken by monkeys in an above tree. The copycat monkeys eventually give the caps back when the peddler finally gives up the attempt to get them back! This literature unit is filled with six different follow-up activities and games to target listening, language and literacy! Following reading, engage your students in activities targeting:
1. Sequencing with Pictures (which is also a great retelling tool!)
2. Comprehension Questions with two (picture) answer choices
3. Following Directions- Follow conditional and temporal directions
4. Rhyme Sort- Sort pictures with like rhymes
5. Phoneme Manipulation- Make new words by moving sounds in given words
6. The Peddler's Book Hunt- A game to find items in the book matching given attributes and functions
Not only will your students LOVE this cute story, they'll also have fun with these follow-up activities targeting language, listening and literacy!
Please note: The book is not included with this unit and must be purchased separately.