Also included in
- This is a bundle of lesson materials for 6 engaging debate topics throughout U.S. History. Students will: Learn about the content related to each debate, analyze different viewpoints, be assigned a position to take, collaborate within teams, prepare main arguments, peer review each other's reasoning$7.95$11.70Save $3.75
- This is a pair-pack of our popular debate resources about industrialization. Both go well together to engage students with the issues during the Industrial Revolution. The first resource is a a set of lesson materials that culminates in a class debate about the legacy of the major industrialists suc$3.50$3.90Save $0.40
- This is a double bundle of lesson materials for 12 engaging debate topics throughout World History and U.S. History. Several overlap with each subject. Students will: Learn about the content related to each debate, analyze different viewpoints, be assigned a position to take, collaborate within team$12.95$23.40Save $10.45
This is a set of lesson materials that culminates in a class debate about the legacy of the major industrialists such as Rockefeller, Carnegie, Vanderbilt, etc. Students will: Learn about their careers during the Industrial Revolution, analyze different viewpoints, be assigned a position to take, collaborate within teams, prepare main arguments, peer review each other's reasoning, and will participate in an academic debate that is guided by moderator questions (included). The objective is to help students think critically, learn to articulate a view, and relate to the other side.
The debate materials are titled "Debate to Relate" because we place strong emphasis on students learning how to not only argue their own points, but to understand other perspectives. Students practice how to concede opposing points, develop nuance, and understand where others are coming from.
- Thorough Lesson Plan (5 pages)
- Point of View Handout
- Reaction / Pair-Share Sheet
- Group Collaboration Sheet
- Debate Preparation Graphic Organizer
- Peer Review Sheet
- Fallacy Reference Handout
- Moderator Questions (5 pages)
- Reflection Sheet
Note: This product is included in our U.S. History Debates Bundle that contains more of our U.S. History debate products. If you would like to buy them all together, please buy the bundle instead and save over 20%.
You can also get this item in our Industrial Revolution Debate PAIR PACK that also contains our Capitalism vs. Socialism debate. If you would like them both, please buy the twin pack instead of this individual one.
You may also be interested in:
- Christopher Columbus Debate: Explorer or Conqueror?
- Federalists vs. Anti-Federalists Debate
- John Brown Debate: Hero or Terrorist?
- U.S. Imperialism Debate: Imperialism vs. Isolationism
- Atomic Bomb Debate: Just or Unjust?
You can also check out our World History Debates Bundle that contains our World History debate products. Some may overlap with U.S. history.
Follow us to receive product updates.
Thank you for stopping by! If you like this product, please leave feedback.
Customer Tip: How to get TPT credit for future purchases:
Go to your "My Purchases" page. Next to each purchase, you'll see a "Provide Feedback" button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. It can even just be two words: "Thank you." Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you may use to lower the cost of your future purchases. We would really appreciate your feedback on our products.
© Teach with Mark and Elyse
You can also email us with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org