A handy packet when teaching about carbohydrates including monosaccharides, disaccharides, and polysaccharides. All of the resources below are included in this packet.
- A cut and paste activity where students glue monosaccharides together to form lactose, maltose, and sucrose. Templates provided.
- A hands-on experiment where yeast are placed different sugars and artificial sweeteners to compare the yeast growth in the different solution. Uses the scientific method; result tables and procedure included
- A Frayer word chart for monosaccharides and disaccharides
- Cut and paste notes on carbohydrates for students
- An inclusive graphic organizer printable for carbohydrates. An optional word bank is provided which allows you to differentiate the assignment.
- Document camera notes and images on carbohydrates. Simply print and use.
You may also be interested in the Mystery Powder Activity below where students identify glucose, lactose, and many other white powders by their chemistry.
Copyright © DrDavesScience. All rights reserved by author, including copyrighted images. This product is strictly for individual use, so please do not copy for other teachers and the file itself may not be forwarded to other individuals unless you are buying multiple copies (at a 50% discount!). Please do not violate copyright laws and instead direct others to this online store at TPT. The file may not be edited or modified in any way. The file may not be uploaded on any digital platform or any online file sharing service (including Google Docs, unless multiple copies have been purchased). Thank you for respecting the copyright laws. DrDavesScience