Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.88 MB | 25 pages
This lesson is geared toward fifth graders, and covers 17 different careers that fit under the Government & Public Administration career cluster. It's completely ready and makes an easy lesson (or two!) for a school counselor or librarian!
This set includes a Military Careers Research activity, so students can report on different military careers, a Writing 'Why Not' Worksheet, so students can tell why they would not want a particular career, and a PowerPoint of 17 careers with career description, level of required education, character traits, and average yearly salary for the following jobs:
- animal keeper at Smithsonian's National Zoo
- archaeologist with the National Park Service
- border patrol agent
- chief architect for the General Services Administration
- DEA agent
- federal air marshal
- federal government lawyer
- FBI agent
- mayor or governor
- political scientist
- public defender
- secret service agent
- treasurer of the United States
- rare book conservator for the Library of Congress
- representative or senator
- urban or regional planner
- White House executive chef
If you like this product, please check out our other career cluster lessons!