The Discover Your Dream Career Curriculum will help students find their passion and lay the foundation for obtaining their dream job.
This curriculum was created by Chip Hiden and Alexis Irvin - authors of the book "Build Your Dreams" (Running Press, 2013). The duo also created the hit documentary "The Dream Share Project" about people with their dream jobs and have hosted screenings and workshops at over 200 colleges around the country.
This curriculum includes five lesson plans to help students identify and pursue their career goals:
Lesson Plan 1: Discover
Lesson Plan 2: Explore
Lesson Plan 3: Launch
Lesson Plan 4: Fund
Lesson Plan 5: Adapt & Thrive
This free file is Lesson Plan 1: Discover and it will help students:
• Connect their interests, values, and personality traits to potential career paths.
• Discover how the past can influence today’s dream.
• Learn from their hero's career paths and achievements.
• Transform problems into a catalyst for positive change.
• Choose one potential dream career to explore further.
Be sure to check out the other four lesson plans or the full curriculum here on TpT or TheDreamShareProject.com. Feel free to email Chip with any questions at Chiden2 (at) Gmail.com.
NOTE: For rights to show the movie The Dream Share Project in class, please purchase the full 5-Lesson curriculum here: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Career-Curriculum-Discover-Your-Dream-Job-Full-Bundle-All-5-Lesson-Plans-1960681