The Discover Your Dream Career Curriculum will help students find their passion and lay the foundation for obtaining their dream job.
This file is Lesson Plan 2: "Explore" and it will help students:
• Identify low cost, low commitment ways to test drive potential passions.
• Identify individual milestones needed to achieve your dream.
• Learn about the day-to-day work of a dream job.
• Prepare for trial runs by creating and editing a resume, cover letter, personal website, and social media links.
• Take action and start pursuing a dream.
This curriculum was created by Chip Hiden and Alexis Irvin - authors of the book "Build Your Dreams" (Running Press, 2013). The duo also created the hit documentary "The Dream Share Project" about people with their dream jobs and have hosted screenings and workshops at over 200 colleges around the country.
The full curriculum includes five lesson plans to help students identify and pursue their career goals:
Lesson Plan 1: Discover
Lesson Plan 2: Explore
Lesson Plan 3: Launch
Lesson Plan 4: Fund
Lesson Plan 5: Adapt & Thrive
Be sure to check out the other four lesson plans or download the full curriculum here on TpT or TheDreamShareProject.com. Feel free to email Chip with any questions at Chiden2 (at) Gmail.com.