- Teach your students career readiness through engaging career exploration activities and this high-interest career research project! Students will identify their interests, knowledge, and skills that are relevant in selecting a future career. The activities in this resource will also help students t
- Soft skills include workplace and life skills that are crucial to achieving career success! Examples of soft skills that are addressed within this teaching resource include the following:★ Effective Communication Skills (Verbal, Written, and Nonverbal)★ Critical Thinking Skills and Problem-Solving★
Teach your students career readiness through engaging career exploration activities with this high-interest career research project and soft skills resource bundle!
Students will identify their interests, knowledge, and skills that are relevant in selecting a future career. The activities in this resource will also help students to analyze multiple factors relevant to their career goals - such as identifying the career’s educational requirements and job responsibilities, choosing a career that fits their needs and interests, and understanding the importance in knowing the career’s occupational outlook). The materials can be printed, used with Google Classroom, Microsoft Office, or OneDrive!
This modern career exploration unit includes the following activities:
- Career Project Introduction Handout and Planning Your Future Writing Prompt;
- Student Activity: Take a Career Cluster Interest Inventory or Complete a Career Assessment Quiz;
- Analyze a Special Interest Article of Your Choice and a High-Interest Career-Related Video.
Students will have access to videos and articles that focus on unique aspects and topics in selecting a career and achieving future success. For the final project, students will choose a career, conduct research, and create a slides presentation on the career of their choice! A final project handout with research questions will help guide your students thorough a structured research process.
A sample career research-based slides presentation is included to serve as a project model! The materials needed for each activity are easily accessible from just one link. This resource includes Career Research Symbaloo with over 52 bookmarked quality career exploration websites!
The following materials are included with this resource:
- A pdf teacher’s guide with Google Drive resource links and directions on how to access the materials and download onto your computer or make a copy for your Google Drive;
- Directions on how to share with students using Google Classroom, Microsoft Office, or OneDrive;
- Printable AND digital copies of all student handouts;
- Link to a Career Symbaloo Webmix containing over 52 high-quality career-related websites, articles, and videos;
- Career Project Introduction Student Handout with Free Write Topics;
- Interest Inventory and Career Readiness Handout;
- Special Interest Article and Career-Related Video Analysis Student Handout;
- Final Project Handout: The Future is Now! Researching a Career;
- Sample Career Research Slides Presentation;
- Teacher’s Grading Rubric.
All materials are editable in order to meet your needs and any needs of your students!
Help your students plan for their future with this fun, informative career-readiness and exploration resource!
Soft skills include workplace and life skills that are crucial to achieving career success! Examples of soft skills that are addressed within this teaching resource include the following:
Effective Communication Skills (Verbal, Written, and Nonverbal)
Critical Thinking Skills and Problem-Solving
Adaptability and Resilience
Leadership and Professionalism,
Teach your students resourcefulness and help them navigate the world by learning the characteristics and skills that are the most highly sought by future employers.
The Soft Skills for Career Success teaching unit can be implemented in career and technical education courses, vocational electives, or in any course who utilizes career exploration and research!
The modern, attractive Soft Skills Slides Presentation will provide your students with the background knowledge they need in order to identify important attributes and traits while also learning how to demonstrate them within their daily lives.
A presentation student handout with a Soft Skills Graphic Organizer Chart will provide accountability. Students will need to pay attention, listen closely, and to take notes during the Soft Skills slides presentation. A Teacher Answer Key is also included.
Are you looking for a way to heighten student interest prior to beginning the day’s lesson? The included Soft Skills Bell Ringer slides are designed to do just that!
You can use the high-interest prompts at the start of class as an activating strategy or use them as Exit Tickets in order to check for student understanding!
Students will have an additional opportunity to apply what they have learned about soft skills when completing this resource’s 30 Soft Skills Task Cards! This set of task cards will test their ability to problem-solve, think critically, use effective written communication, demonstrate their knowledge of workplace ethics, overcome teamwork obstacles, and resolve conflicts in the workplace. The implementation guide will provide multiple suggestions on how to implement the soft skills task cards for both independent work or in collaborative groups.
This purchase includes the following materials:
- A pdf file containing Google Drive links to all student and teacher resources;
- Instructions on how to access, download, and share materials;
- An implementation guide with teaching notes;
- A Modern and Attractive Soft Skills for Career Success Slide Presentation (37 Editable Slides);
- Soft Skills Presentation Handout for Students with a Graphic Organizer for Note-Taking and Teacher’s Answer Key;
- Four Google Slides to use as Soft Skills Bell Ringers, Exit Tickets, or Writing Prompts;
- 30 Soft Skills Task Cards (Directions for Using Digital Format or Printing);
- Soft Skills Task Cards Student Response Sheet;
- Blank Task Card Templates.
All the materials in this resource are editable in order to meet your needs!
Some of the most important skills and character traits cannot be taught from a textbook. Implementing this soft skills teaching unit will better prepare your students for a successful career and encourage them to embrace the most important attributes in their daily lives!