Career Fair Hacks Challenge (mini course, distance learning)
Also included in
- Explore STEM careers through this collection of 28 fun, self-paced Google Slides STEM Challenges! Upper middle and early high school students will explore a wide variety of digital media to explore STEM careers, create hands-on projects, and connect with additional resources to fuel their passions -Price $195.04Original Price $216.72Save $21.68
Career fairs can be an intimidating experience for teens, but fear not! This Career Fair Challenge removes the fear of the unknown to help high school students get noticed, and get a job.
The Career Fair Challenge is an in-depth and interactive Google Slides guide (also provided as a PDF) on how to prepare for and act during a career fair. Each year Career In STEM attends career fairs around the country, and this Challenge is chock full of all the insider tips from actual employers and recruiters that we have gleaned along the way. Helpful checklists, templates, and step-by-step video directions created specifically for this mini course to give teens the critical insights needed to rock the job fair! In the Career Fair Hacks Challenge students will progress independently through 16 modules, each with video and application questions:
Do Your Research
How to Research
Resumes, Resumes, Resumes
How to Write a Resume
What Time to Show Up
Why NOT Be Fashionably Late
Bring a Tote
What to (and NOT to) Wear
Where to Get Professional Clothes
Developing Your Pitch
Follow Up Template
Career Fair Hacks checklist
This Career Fair Challenge scaffolds students independently through all aspects of a career fair with online and offline activities for students to practice the skills taught. This Challenge is provided as one cohesive Google Slides and PDF document with embedded links to corresponding online activities for easy uploading and sharing in your online classroom!
Supports CCSS.RST.6-8.9 and TEKS.LA.6.5.B, TEKS.LA.7.5.E, TEKS.LA.8.5.E.
More Job Shadow & Career Readiness Resources!
- Job Shadow Agreement Form, English & Spanish - FREE!
- Job Shadow Bundle (editable templates, presentation, scavenger hunt, and more!)
- How to Write a Professional Email Lesson and Game
- Job Shadow Employer FAQ Infographic & Email Letter Templates
- Job Shadow Presentation Project
- Student Information Form - back to school questionnaire & parent volunteer form
- Job Shadow Career Exploration Challenge
- Virtual Job Shadow STEM Project Canva Template
Want valuable download & go resources to help you effortlessly integrate STEM career exploration? Then get a copy of my FREE Quick Start STEM Career Exploration Kit!