This bundle contains all the resources you need to teach a unit on researching and essay writing. The unit is centered on career research, which adds a real-life component to help engage reluctant students. This would be a great introduction or review to the 5 paragraph essay and how to organize and layout all the components. The large task of researching and writing an informative essay is broken into small manageable steps for both you and your students.
Your purchase includes:
1. A unit plan with suggestions for lessons and explanation of each document included
2. Journal prompts for generating student interest/background knowledge
3. Interactive notebook notes and 3 quizzes for teaching the elements of an essay, each quiz also comes with an answer key
4. An outline for the career project to share due dates and information with students
5. An editable (Microsoft Word) research document
6. An editable (Microsoft Word) essay outline
7. A printable (pdf) essay outline
8. A sample essay outline and completed essay
9. An essay checklist
10. A peer editing activity
11. A grading rubric for teacher use
*All files are included in separate, labeled documents, as well as all together in one bundled unit.