Use these English vocabulary activities and grammar activities with your beginner and intermediate level English Language Learners or Newcomer EFL students.
This unit offers your ESL students multiple exposure to career vocabulary.
Use the vocabulary and writing activities
to introduce and reinforce new vocabulary. Explore career options and salary opportunities
with your students. End your career unit with a culminating “My Dream Career” writing activity.
Research shows students need 8-12 exposures to new vocabulary. This no prep unit will give your students plenty of practice in acquiring and using career vocabulary. Your students can keep the anchor charts/study guides handy as they practice their new skills.
Research also shows that grammar concepts are more effective when learned in context and not as an isolated skill. In this unit, students learn and practice using first, second, and third person present tense verbs.
The unit culminates in an extended writing activity. Answer Keys are provided for all activities.
Included in this Unit:
• Career Vocabulary Anchor Charts/Study Guides in Color and Blackline
• House Vocabulary Picture Word Match (2 Pages)
• Career and “The Places We Work” Picture/Text Match Activities
• First, Second, Third Person Study Guides & Sentence Practice
• “Let’s Talk About Careers” Dialogue Activities
• Categorizing Activity
• “What Do They Do” Sentence Level Study Guides & “Test Your Knowledge” Activity
• Career Picture Word Search
• Career Picture to Text Match Memory Game
• “My Dream Career” Culminating Writing Activity
• Answer Keys for all Activities
You can find all of my resources for English Language Learners here:
ESL EFL Resources
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the “follow” link near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about flash freebies and you will also be able to see when I add to a product you have purchased. Any purchased product can be downloaded unlimited times. ☺