Skills Employers Desire
This is a complete lesson on Employable Skills. It will assist students with learning about those skills employers desire most. Students will be able to identify and explain the differences and similarities between soft, hard, and transferable skills. They will be able to explain which type of skills will make them more employable, and they will be able to identify their own soft skills and give supporting evidence.
Objectives: Students will be able to:
• Define skills, soft skills, hard skills, and transferable skills.
• Describe the differences and similarities between soft, hard, and transferable skills.
• Explain which type of skills will make them more employable.
• Identify their own soft skills and give supporting evidence
1. Detailed Lesson Plan for a two day lesson
2. Reading Comprehension worksheet on skills.
3. PowerPoint, for notes and lecture
4. KWL chart
5. The Characteristics of the Different Type of Skills, worksheet
6. The Top Rated Soft Skill, worksheet
7. Your Top Rated Skills Review, worksheet
8. Annie’s Employable Skills, analysis of skills worksheet
9. Juan’s Employable Skills, analysis of skills worksheet
11. Vocabulary, worksheet
12. Word search
Technology at Work
Learning from Failure
Job Interview, Interviewing
Feedback is Greatly Appreciated
Michael K. Powell