Also included in
- This bundle includes fiction, nonfiction, and poetry resources for celebrating Women's History Month in ELA. Cross-curricular nonfiction is a great way to celebrate women's contributions alongside other classes. You'll also get book recommendations and posters.Your Resource Includes: 1. Women's Poet$15.99$21.96Save $5.97
This informational text presents Dr. Kizzmekia Corbett, an immunologist working on a cure for COVID-19. Students complete a pre-reading activity familiarizing them with important people and places in Dr. Corbett’s story. After reading, they identify details associated with those people and places. Then, students use the text as a model in writing their own profile of a researcher. Includes eight suggestions and a brainstorming worksheet. (grades 8-10)
1. Pre-Reading Activity - Preview of Important People and Places
2. Magazine-Style Informational Text: "Portrait of a Researcher: Dr. Kizzmekia Corbett"
3. Paragraph Structure Analysis
4. Informational Writing: Portrait of a Researcher
5. Informational Writing: Women in STEM version
6. Digital version
7. Editable rubric and answer key
This passage has been written with 8th and 9th grade reluctant readers in mind. It was originally written to accompany the TERMINUS Digital Breakouts series, but it can be used separately.
Your resource is a .zip file. The article and worksheets are a print-and-go .pdf. The rubric is editable in PPT. The digital worksheets are in Google Slides. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions! :)
Did you know that you can receive credit towards future TpT purchases by reviewing paid resources? If you enjoy this product, please leave a review at the product page or through “My Purchases” under “My Account” at TpT. Ratings make the TpT world go round. :)
You can also follow me for the latest news on products and sales.
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you!
-Danielle @ Nouvelle ELA
Blog: Danielle @ Nouvelle ELA