PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Teaching and practicing positional concepts is fun and hand-on with these manipulatives and Cariboo cards! This download will engage even your busiest and hard-to-engage students who are learning basic language concepts,
This 16 page download includes:
1) Directions for use WITH OR WITHOUT a CARIBOO game!
2) Cut outs of familiar items (chair, ladders, sofa, table, bed, slide, basketball, etc.) that you can use to teach concepts. Your students will love manipulating them; I put adhesive magnets on the back of mine and use them on the refrigerator or baking sheet, and they've been a big hit!
3) Dog and Cat themed positional concepts Cariboo cards to use in your Cariboo game and a corresponding deck to stack and choose from. Directions for use without Cariboo are also given.
4) Kids in Action themed positional concepts Cariboo cards to use in your Cariboo game and a corresponding deck to stack and choose from.
***Positional concepts addressed include on, under, top, bottom, beside, in, next to, off, behind, in front.
Print and cut all cards. Put the cards with the Kids in Action or Cats and Dogs images on the game doors in place of the standard Cariboo cards. More than enough cards are included so that you can pick and choose based on your students' target skills.
Use these cards with familiar, kid-friendly items to play Cariboo and talk about basic concepts - particularly positional concepts. Change decks to suit your students’ needs and keep their interest high. There are enough cards for TWO sets of Cariboo cards (either all pets, all kids, or combine them)
Detailed directions for play are included.
DON’T HAVE CARIBOO? That’s okay!! You can still have lots of concept fun!
1) Put all pet and kids in action cards facedown in deck. Have students pick a card and describe the picture (including positional words).
2) For another way to play, put all (or some) pets and kids cards face up on a table. Then have student pick a position word card and then find the picture that matches the concept on the card. If he/she does so appropriately, let him/her have the card.
**If you want to make it a competition, whoever collects the most cards win.
If you download this and love it, please leave feedback! Your encouragement and feedback is what keeps me creating :)
Need more Cariboo sets? You can find ALL of my sets HERE!
Thanks for stopping by! I'm honored that you've considered my activities for your therapy.