I made this especially for one of my young students and thought it might be just what you need, too! I use it in so many ways in speech and language therapy!
This 16 page download includes:
1) Directions for use WITH OR WITHOUT a CARIBOO game!
2) Cut outs of familiar items that you can use to teach concepts. Your students will love manipulating them; I put adhesive magnets on the back of mine and they're been a big hit!
3) Dog and Cat themed positional concepts Cariboo cards to use in your Cariboo game and a corresponding deck to stack and choose from. Directions for use without Cariboo are also given.
4) Kids in Action themed positional concepts Cariboo cards to use in your Cariboo game and a corresponding deck to stack and choose from.
Use these cards with familiar, kid-friendly items to play Cariboo and talk about basic concepts - particularly positional concepts. Change decks to suit your students’ needs and keep their interest high. There are enough cards for TWO sets of Cariboo cards (either all pets, all kids, or combine them)
Print and cut all cards. Trim them as needed to fit in YOUR Cariboo game (some versions are Cariboo have slightly different sized doors). Put the cards with the Kids in Action images on the game doors in place of the standard Cariboo cards (or cats and dogs). More than enough cards are included so that you can pick and choose based on your students' target skills.
Detailed directions for play are included.
DON’t HAVE CARIBOO? That’s okay!! You can still have lots of concept fun!
1) Put all pet and kids in action cards facedown in deck. Have students pick a card and describe the picture (including positional words).
2) For another way to play, put all (or some) pets and kids cards face up on a table. Then have student pick a position word card and then find the picture that matches the concept on the card. If he/she does so appropriately, let him/her have the card.
**If you want to make it a competition, whoever collects the most cards win.
If you download this and love it, please leave feedback! Your encouragement and feedback is what keeps me creating :))
For more from me, check out my blog
Follow me on Facebook for exclusive freebies and fun!
I'm also sharing my therapy and life on
Thanks for stopping by! I'm honored that you've considered my activities for your therapy.