Since I recently began a new SLP position I introduced my Cariboo Companions to a few clients and they LOVED them! I created another one to continue to target context clues. I hope this resource is something you can use in your speech room too!
This 7 page download includes:
1. Directions WITH or WITHOUT the game Cariboo game
2. Pictures of beach item Cariboo companion cards
3. Descriptions of beach item Cariboo companion cards
4. Beach vocabulary sheet with labels - color
4. Beach vocabulary sheet with labels - black and white
Use these cards with the Cariboo game or on a table to elicit language! There are enough cards for TWO sets (pictured items, descriptions). These cards can be used to identify context clues or to define and describe target vocabulary.
Print, cut, and laminate all cards. Trim as needed to fit your specific Cariboo game! Some older versions of Cariboo have different sized doors. You can either put the description cards or the picture cards on the doors - it is your choice! Detailed directions for play are included.
If you do not have Cariboo? No problem! You can still use these cards:
1. Cut and laminate the picture and description cards.
2. Put all cards on a table or desk.
3. Have students pick a card and match it to the description.
4. Every correct answer is one point and the student can hold onto the cards.
5. The student(s) with the most amount of cards and points at the end - wins!
Beach vocabulary sheets are available in color and black and white for continued practice as well as for carryover for practice at home!
If you download this product, please leave feedback so I can get a better idea of what you are looking for and any improvements that I can make! :)