Extend the learning after reading the popular If You Give... If You Take... books by Laura Numeroff!
Included in this file are picture cards for eight books:
1. If You Give a Mouse a Cookie
2. If You Give a Dog a Donut
3. If You Give a Pig a Pancake
4. If You Give a Pig a Party
5. If You Give a Moose a Muffin
6. If You Give a Cat a Cupcake
7. If You Take a Mouse to School
8. If You Take a Mouse to the Movies
(Please note: You don’t have to have the Cariboo game to use these book companion cards. You may use the cards on their own, targeting the same skills!)
If you do have the Cariboo game, simply slide the cards in the doors or attach with Velcro.
Following the reading of the book, use these companion cards to target…
1. Comprehension- Ask questions for which the pictures are the answers. For example, “Where did the mouse go?”
2. Sequencing- Sequence story events, such as, “What did she eat first?”
3. Description- Have students identify an item based on a given description, such as, “This item is a food that is cold.”
4. Vocabulary- Ask the student to identify the item. For example, “Find the ghost.”
5. Following Directions- Give students temporal directions, such as, “Choose the jam after choosing the muffin.”
6. Listening Comprehension- Retell the story, using a cloze manner, in which students choose an item to fill in the blank. For example, “The whale reminded the cat of the _________.”
Please note: The above books are not included in the file. They must be purchased separately from a book retailer. Thanks!