I made this especially for my clients and thought it might be just what you need, too! Cariboo is so motivating to my prek through 5th grade students, and it's ideal to use for speech and language therapy! Don't fret if you don't have a Cariboo - you can use this with OR WITHOUT a Cariboo game (download the preview to find out how!)
This 61 page download includes:
- Directions for many uses including mixed groups and adapting for readers vs. non-readers
- 28 sets of cards - one for each phoneme!
Each set addresses 1 sound in multiple positions and has corresponding questions that require students to apply language knowledge. All cards are labeled by phoneme:
/r/, vocalic r, vocalic r or and ar variations, vocalic r - air, eer, ire variations, /r/ blends, /w/, /l/, /l/ blends, “y”, /s/, /s/ blends, /z/, sh, ch, j, /f/, /v/, /h/, /k/, /g/, /t/, /d/, /b/, /p/, “th”, /m/, /n/, “ng”
- 15 articulation cards per phoneme (initial, medial and final when applicable). Use these cards to play Cariboo OR use them as traditional articulation cards! Just print 2 copies of the cards to play Go Fish or Memory!
Be sure to download the preview for a closer look!
PREP: Print and cut all cards. They really should fit perfectly in your Cariboo, but if not, trim them as needed to fit in YOUR Cariboo game (some versions of Cariboo have slightly different sized doors). I like to keep each deck clipped together and each set (the picture deck and the question deck) grouped together in a Ziplock bag.
Choose a sound to address (or multiple sounds)
- Slide those picture cards into the Cariboo doors in place of standard Cariboo cards. Feel free to mix them up and place in any order. For groups that contain students working on different sounds, you can mix decks. Try to pick cards from each deck that may contain both or all students’ target phonemes.
There are multiple ways to play:
* You can play with the traditional shape and color Cariboo cards and improvise as needed (remove the number cards)
* You can play with the corresponding question cards as described in in detail in the download. Using the questions is also a great easy to address language! Answering the wh- questions requires vocabulary knowledge- particularly in the areas of applying associations, concepts and use.
* You can play by simply reading the questions and prompts (from the lists provided) to your students (also described in detail in the download)
* You can make up your own questions or prompts to have students find a picture according to your students level and specific needs.
* You can play by letting students pick the Cariboo door they want to open as described in the download as long as they articulate the sounds to your liking.
DON’T HAVE CARIBOO? That’s okay!!
You can still use this product.
In place of putting the Cariboo articulation cards in the Cariboo game, simply place them all face up on a table. Have students pick a question card and then scan the cards on the table to find the answer. You can use as many or as few answer cards as you would like. If he/she picks the correct answer, let him/her “keep” the card. If you want to make it a competition, whoever collects the most cards win.
If you download this and love it, please leave feedback! Your encouragement and feedback is what keeps me creating :))
These pair perfectly with
my Cariboo Cards for WH- Questions
my WH- Question Interactive Books
Find more Cariboo companions at
Find more Cariboo companions here!
For more from me, check out my blog
Follow me on Facebook for exclusive freebies and fun!
Thanks for stopping by! I'm honored that you've considered my activities for your therapy. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com