Caring Conversation Hearts
• ELA-Literacy.W.3.1.0 “Write routinely over extended time frames…and shorter timer= frames (a single sitting or a day or two) for a range of discipline-specific tasks, purposes, and audiences.” Corestandards.org
• Math 3.NF- fractions by reasoning about their size.
• Grammar: 6 Valentine’s Day themed sentences to edit
• Love Post Cards: Students write post cards to people they care about, celebrating friendship, love, and community spirit. (30-60 minutes)
• Caring Conversation Hearts: After completing a class brainstorm on compliments, students write caring notes to one another on the conversation heart templates. There are pre-filled out conversation hearts and blank ones.
• Fraction Flip Book: Students create a flipbook to practice comparing fraction sizes and develop a greater understanding the as the denominator increases, the size of the fractional part decreases. (45-60 minutes)
• Conversation hearts can be printed and turned into a bulletin board border.
• Conversation heart themed writing paper. Possible writing prompt: Write about a special moment spent with someone you love, one of those moments that continues to sparkle in your mind, long after it has passed.
• February Reading Log: Students color in one heart for every 20 minutes read at home.